Friday, September 23, 2011

Aching for the Fatherless

We had our first James 1:27 meeting last Sunday...and had 21 people show up who want to make a difference in the lives of children in need...and 10 more that were unable to attend but wanted to!  We were blown away with this much interest and look forward to seeing what God has in store for this ministry within our church and our community! 


Bobby and I have our 1-600 fingerprinting appointments on Monday...didn't expect them to be four hours away at the nearest Adoption Support Center.  Still trying to figure out how to make the trip work!!!  BUT, even with the distance this means we are FINALLY on our LAST step towards completing our dossier!  We are still $2,000 away from our goal (need $7,700 to send in the dossier and currently have $4,900 in the adoption account...in addition to $1,000 we were planning on using from our salaries toward this step).  I have full confidence that some way or another we will make it work when we get that final piece of paper but continue to pray that God will provide and help us in this burden!

To be honest I've questioned God already in this journey...is this really what we are supposed to be doing??  I have no doubt that we are called to adopt and that we want more children in our family....but with all the slow downs in Ethiopian adoptions and the constant reminder of much money adoption costs, I find myself second guessing!


This process is a feeling that's so hard to explain.  To be in love with a country and child you've never been to or met!  To feel a constant pain for the fatherless.  To constantly be reminded of the waste and materialism of our country.  To know how expensive adoption is and know how many children need a home.  To see pictures of hurting children...lost...homeless....hungry....unloved...alone.  I want to take them all in, show them love, teach them about our wonderful Father, and show them a life they probably won't have.
 



To feel all this and then to hear that it will be AT LEAST another year before we even get a referral and can help an innocent child.  My heart aches...but I will continue to fight for the orphaned children even while we are waiting for our own child to bring home.

Love from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment