I can hardly sit down to type this post....my heart is pounding, my eyes are tired, and I'm just too frazzled!!!
Yesterday morning at Bible study I had wanted to ask everyone to pray that our referral comes Thursday (today) or Friday, but decided to keep quiet as I feel like that's all I talk about lately! Later last night I decided it wasn't too selfish to ask, so I threw out a note on FB asking others to please pray that we receive our referral before Bobby leaves on Saturday for a week....
Well, the praying paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in a work meeting all day today while Bobby was working in Hebron (about 45 mins away)...I anxiously kept looking at my phone to be sure I didn't miss a call or email. Bobby and I agreed this morning that if we did get "the call" I'd wait to see her face until he came home.
When I got home my mom and I decided to take the kids for a walk so I ran in to change my clothes and stopped quickly to check my email....
1 new message.
From: Stephanie (our family coordinator).
Subject: Referral
I was totally caught off guard as I was expecting a phone call to tell us the email was coming....boy did I want to click on the file and take a peek!!!! I don't know how, but I did wait for Bobby to come home (we took our walk to pass the time...but I was a little giddy to say the least!). We got home from the walk just in time to get the video camera set up before Bobby walked in.
While Eli and Owen were playing on the deck (Ayla left for gymnastics with grandma), I pushed record and we opened the file....oh how one email can change the world!
I hope to be able to share our videos (one of Bobby and I and one of the kiddos) sometime so you can see our initial reactions! Words cannot express our feeling, thoughts, or emotions...
Our baby girl....right in front of us.
Adorable.
Loved.
Perfect.
God's gift.
Ours.
Her face is already etched in my mind. Oh how we long to touch her, hug her, cuddle her, and welcome her *in person* to our family. But for now, all we can share is her picture. Her sweet, delicate face and her tiny little body.
1 Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.
Good night:)
Love from our family (which is now 6....still waiting on 7) to yours!
Yesterday morning at Bible study I had wanted to ask everyone to pray that our referral comes Thursday (today) or Friday, but decided to keep quiet as I feel like that's all I talk about lately! Later last night I decided it wasn't too selfish to ask, so I threw out a note on FB asking others to please pray that we receive our referral before Bobby leaves on Saturday for a week....
Well, the praying paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in a work meeting all day today while Bobby was working in Hebron (about 45 mins away)...I anxiously kept looking at my phone to be sure I didn't miss a call or email. Bobby and I agreed this morning that if we did get "the call" I'd wait to see her face until he came home.
When I got home my mom and I decided to take the kids for a walk so I ran in to change my clothes and stopped quickly to check my email....
1 new message.
From: Stephanie (our family coordinator).
Subject: Referral
I was totally caught off guard as I was expecting a phone call to tell us the email was coming....boy did I want to click on the file and take a peek!!!! I don't know how, but I did wait for Bobby to come home (we took our walk to pass the time...but I was a little giddy to say the least!). We got home from the walk just in time to get the video camera set up before Bobby walked in.
While Eli and Owen were playing on the deck (Ayla left for gymnastics with grandma), I pushed record and we opened the file....oh how one email can change the world!
I hope to be able to share our videos (one of Bobby and I and one of the kiddos) sometime so you can see our initial reactions! Words cannot express our feeling, thoughts, or emotions...
Our baby girl....right in front of us.
Adorable.
Loved.
Perfect.
God's gift.
Ours.
Her face is already etched in my mind. Oh how we long to touch her, hug her, cuddle her, and welcome her *in person* to our family. But for now, all we can share is her picture. Her sweet, delicate face and her tiny little body.
Isn't she precious?!!!??!?!??!?
We cannot share more information about her right now....but PLEASE keep her in your prayers! We are saddened of the situation that brought her to our family and ask that you also pray for her birth family.
A few weeks ago when reading another DRC family's blog and how their family has received a few referrals that have ended up falling through (not from our agency), I asked God to please bring us a referral soon and that she would be the daughter He has chosen for us. I even prayed, "God if you could, please give me some sign that lets me know she IS the child you have for our family." At that point the only sort of sign I could think of was that she would share a birthday with her cousin, Walter. I joked about it with my sister-in-law, and today on our walk I asked my mom how old she thinks our girl is, "I'm guessing she's the same age as Walter," she replied....
AND THAT IS SO!
AND THAT IS SO!
Our baby girl was welcomed into this world on the same exact day as her cousin Walter.
And so, I will go to bed tonight praying for our baby girl. Praying that the next steps go smoothly, that she is healthy, well cared for, and that we can be strong during this long wait until she is in our arms.
Tomorrow I'll write more about the process and what comes next (we're expecting to wait around 6 months until we can travel to get her)....but for now, I'm going (to try to) rest knowing who our baby girl is, where she is, how old she is, and knowing that God will continue to guide us through the journey of adoption (for both this beautiful girl and for our child whom He has planned for us in Ethiopia).
Introducing our baby girl to Eli, Ayla, and Owen
Celebrating as a family at Applebees (of course, with her photo right by our side)!
My four beautiful children!
For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.
Good night:)
Love from our family (which is now 6....still waiting on 7) to yours!

Praise God for answered prayer! How awesome to see your beautiful family growing as you are faithful to His call. I love seeing my current and future Cubbies all together! Congrats, Williams family.
ReplyDeleteMs. Debbie
She is beautiful. God is faithful, and his love always pours out. Take it for what its worth that through every step of the way he has paved the way for you to meet his daughter, the one picked out, called by name and chosen to be your lucky number seven!
ReplyDeleteWilliams family I cannot wait for you to meet your precious baby girl.
Thanks Heather! You always have the perfect words to share;)
DeleteShe is beautiful! I will pray that everything will go smoothly for your wonderful family to receive this special gift from god!
ReplyDeleteYou are so blessed! Congratulations to you all. We know God picked her to be placed in your family and can't wait to watch her grow and be loved. She was so worth the wait!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Alan and Dawn Kicklighter
So excited for you. Hoping and praying with you that the next 6 months go smoothly and quickly!
ReplyDeleteWith God's Love and Blessings,
Tausha Krohn
To the newest Williams girl, you are blessed beyond belief. Your birth mother must be just as much of a christian to have prayed you into such a loving family. I so look forward to your placement and progress over the years. You will be a joy to watch and one day (hopefully) meet. You have the world in your hands now - anything is possible through God and add to that the support of a loving family.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our prayers.
The Hanson's
Drew, Debbie, Emily, George & Henry
I am so happy and excited for your family that I could barely read this post through my tears of joy. You have all worked and prayed so hard that it is incredible to know your wish is finally coming true. I will continue to hope and pray that the next six months go by smoothly and quickly so that you can bring your beautiful baby girl home safely.
ReplyDeleteWith love and hope,
Mary
Praising God with you! Thanks for this encouragement on a day when I really needed it! As I type this, the song "Lord I'm amazed by you" is playing in the background. How appropriate!! I'm interested to know more about doing a concurrent adoption....wondering if you have to redo everything?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!! What an amazing time for you guys!!! She is SO beautiful!! The Lord has big plans for her!!!! Praying that things go smoothly during this wait time and that you guys will be able to rest in Jesus through it all.
ReplyDeleteMuch love!!! :)
Oh I'm so happy for all of. She is so precious. You have truly been blessed. I hope some day I get to meet her and hold her.
ReplyDeleteJoLyn
So sweet! So Beautiful! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYour story brings tears to my eyes (happy ones!). She is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for you and will keep you all in my prayers. Best wishes to you!!!
ReplyDeleteI have tears streaming down my face now. I am so excited for you and your growing family. I cannot wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteI love you guys.
Unbelievable. Wow. I don't have the words. I can't even imagine what you all are feeling. What an amazing image. She is so sweet. So perfect. The last picture of your 4 children is incredible!!! I pray she is in your arms very, very soon. I pray the process of getting her to her family is smooth. All our love.
ReplyDelete