Sunday, March 11, 2012

What a Glorious Weekend

70 degrees the first part of March for a whole weekend in Dickinson, ND?!?!?!? Too good to sit around!  We took advantage and had a glorious weekend!

On Friday I received the last piece of paperwork we were waiting on for our dossier (Bobby's birth and our marriage certificates from being state certified in MT).  Our dossier would have been 100% done over a month ago but for some reason I thought we had to have our referral to get the dossier certified (being one piece of paperwork has a blank for our child's information).  Last week Wednesday I found out that wasn't true...so I rushed to get the packet completed.  The fedex photo is our completed dossier ready to be shipped to ALBB! 

Friday evening we got home from my aunt Chris' house and decided to to have a slumber party in the basement...I decided to sleep behind everyone on the couch and got one black and blurry pic from my phone;) 


Saturday we woke and decided to clean the yard, take down the Christmas lights (which I must add have been up since TWO falls ago...yes, 2010!), clean the cars, and clean the garage.  While cleaning the garage we found a couple of tables that belong to my aunt Connie (who had borrowed them to us last August for our rummage sale...again, a little behind!) and decided to take them out to her house.  We were pleasantly surprised that they were home along with my cousins Dayna and Delanee and their kiddos...and man did we have a blast!  The kiddos had fun swinging, seeing the horses, and riding their new go-kart.  We hadn't seen them for such a long time that it just felt great being together!

After Connie's house we stopped by our land to start planning where we'll position our house.   I cannot wait to live in the country again...it can't come quick enough!! (I'll post more about our house plans after we get the budget secured this week and are certain we can make it work) Eli loves it out there and headed straight down the hill for some exploring!  The picture of Bobby and Ayla is right where our house will sit;) 
Today we woke early for church (thank goodness I saw someone's post on FB about the time change b/c our calendar has daylight savings down as NEXT weekend)...good thing we weren't late as we were leading our James 1:27 study on Fields of the Fatherless  during sunday school.  It's so fun to hear how God is working in other's lives toward helping the fatherless and I am so thankful for others to lean on for support and encouragement!

After church Ayla and I ran to a swimming birthday party for her friend Mara whom she goes to gymnastics with, then we jumped in the car and headed to Medora.  It was such a peaceful, perfect evening!  The kids love the big playground so we spent most of the time just playing...until Eli and I got an itch to hike up the hill next to the park (next time we're going to the top!). 

We're looking forward to a warm forecast this week and PRAYING for our referral!  I received word on Friday that our agency has a possible referral for us but cannot give us the info until they receive the completed health and family history.  Bobby will be gone on the 17-24 as his dad is having open heart surgery in Salt Lake City.  Please pray with us that we receive our referral THIS WEEK so we can rejoice TOGETHER when we get the news!  Also keep my FIL, Bob, in your prayers:)

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as we did!  Let's give thanks to our creator:)

Love from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment