Waiting.
One of the most common, most dreaded words in adoption.
Waiting.
A game we will be a part of for the next couple of years.
Waiting.
A word we hope to cross off our DRC journey soon.
For the most part I think I'm quite patient...but I'm going to be honest and tell you that my patience is about to boil over! I knew this was part of adoption when we started this journey...and when we signed paperwork with AWAA last June, we weren't expecting to get a referral until the fall or winter....so why am I so impatient NOW??!?!
Adoption is filled with unknowns. The numbers thrown around are to always be taken lightly, and often change. BUT, it's still not easy to ignore those numbers and not use them to guide your planning;)
This week we found out another family from our agency received a referral of a baby girl....it brought out some uneasy, jealous feelings! I am thankful that Bobby and I were able to quickly brush it off, knowing our Father has plans for us. That child obviously was not made for our family and we must trust in His perfect timing and will for us.
I spoke with our family case worker from ALBB yesterday and she reassured me that they have received paperwork for three baby girls under 12 months (but wouldn't tell me more than that at this time!!). She explained how they like to thoroughly examine the paperwork and be sure the child is ready for a placement...of course that made my anxiety rise and my heart pop out of my chest!!!!!!
I've read of a few families who have received referrals from the DRC only for that referral to fall through...so my biggest prayer right now is that when we do receive a referral, she will be the child made for us and we won't have to go through the pain of losing a referral.
So we will keep ourselves busy as our wait (for DRC) should come to a close soon. But I would be lying to say I am remaining calm and cool;) My phone does NOT leave my side and I am much less patient than normal.
Keeping busy this week:
Here's to hoping this week is our referral week:)
One of the most common, most dreaded words in adoption.
Waiting.
A game we will be a part of for the next couple of years.
Waiting.
A word we hope to cross off our DRC journey soon.
For the most part I think I'm quite patient...but I'm going to be honest and tell you that my patience is about to boil over! I knew this was part of adoption when we started this journey...and when we signed paperwork with AWAA last June, we weren't expecting to get a referral until the fall or winter....so why am I so impatient NOW??!?!
Adoption is filled with unknowns. The numbers thrown around are to always be taken lightly, and often change. BUT, it's still not easy to ignore those numbers and not use them to guide your planning;)
This week we found out another family from our agency received a referral of a baby girl....it brought out some uneasy, jealous feelings! I am thankful that Bobby and I were able to quickly brush it off, knowing our Father has plans for us. That child obviously was not made for our family and we must trust in His perfect timing and will for us.
I spoke with our family case worker from ALBB yesterday and she reassured me that they have received paperwork for three baby girls under 12 months (but wouldn't tell me more than that at this time!!). She explained how they like to thoroughly examine the paperwork and be sure the child is ready for a placement...of course that made my anxiety rise and my heart pop out of my chest!!!!!!
I've read of a few families who have received referrals from the DRC only for that referral to fall through...so my biggest prayer right now is that when we do receive a referral, she will be the child made for us and we won't have to go through the pain of losing a referral.
So we will keep ourselves busy as our wait (for DRC) should come to a close soon. But I would be lying to say I am remaining calm and cool;) My phone does NOT leave my side and I am much less patient than normal.
Keeping busy this week:
Playing dress up
(soon Ayla will have another GIRL to play dress up with!)
(soon Ayla will have another GIRL to play dress up with!)
Playing and snuggling with Walter
Eli put together his first model
Nap time on Friday afternoon...both woke up and wanted some cuddling...
which led to more sleeping on mommy:)
which led to more sleeping on mommy:)
We went to the capital in Bismarck yesterday to get our dossier pages state
certified. We took the elevator up to the observation deck
(a little depressing how sore my thighs are today after walking DOWN all the stairs!)
certified. We took the elevator up to the observation deck
(a little depressing how sore my thighs are today after walking DOWN all the stairs!)
Love from our family to yours!



No comments:
Post a Comment