It's been 12 days since we've received our referral...and it feels like it's been an eternity! Addy is such a part of our family already that it's hard to believe we've only been able to see her sweet face for 12 days!
The day we got her referral we printed 10 copies of her photo...one for the fridge, one for each of us (including the kids who insisted on having their own copies!), one for inside our Bible, one for in the car, and a few extras just in case we misplace one;) AND of course she is the background on our computers and cell phones.
If you can't tell, WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
168 (or so) days to go...how will I do it?!?!? I don't know...it's been nerve wracking already!
The Monday before we received her referral I ordered a few summer/fall things for the kiddos. I had this feeling that our baby girl was going to be young, so I took a chance and ordered a few things for her...turns out they will be perfect for when we bring Addy home;)
Today I went to the store to put together a package to send to her. Man was that tough! It took me five minutes just to pick out the rattle...
Will she even get it?
If I get a nice and soft one will it get all dirty?
Will they be able to wash it if it gets icky?
Will it leave enough room for the other items I want to send?
Our agency will send our package with other packages going to her orphanage but it must fit in a gallon size baggie! For her package I've included a stuffed giraffe (that plays a lullaby), a package of onesies (giraffe and zebra print--super girly and cute), 2 pairs of pants, and a rattle (simple, small, and plastic for easy washing!).
I tried looking for a plastic baby photo book but was unsuccessful. Instead Eli and Ayla will make her a picture and we'll add a few photos of us. I'm going to laminate it or put it in a page protector... hoping they will put it by her crib or at least let her look our our pictures (yes, I know she is quite young, but it makes me feel like she will have some sort of connection to us!).
I'm also going to ask if I can include a baggie with some goodies for the nannies that work at her orphanage....gum, starburts, and a letter I'll get translated to French.
The day we got her referral we printed 10 copies of her photo...one for the fridge, one for each of us (including the kids who insisted on having their own copies!), one for inside our Bible, one for in the car, and a few extras just in case we misplace one;) AND of course she is the background on our computers and cell phones.
If you can't tell, WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
168 (or so) days to go...how will I do it?!?!? I don't know...it's been nerve wracking already!
The Monday before we received her referral I ordered a few summer/fall things for the kiddos. I had this feeling that our baby girl was going to be young, so I took a chance and ordered a few things for her...turns out they will be perfect for when we bring Addy home;)
Today I went to the store to put together a package to send to her. Man was that tough! It took me five minutes just to pick out the rattle...
Will she even get it?
If I get a nice and soft one will it get all dirty?
Will they be able to wash it if it gets icky?
Will it leave enough room for the other items I want to send?
Our agency will send our package with other packages going to her orphanage but it must fit in a gallon size baggie! For her package I've included a stuffed giraffe (that plays a lullaby), a package of onesies (giraffe and zebra print--super girly and cute), 2 pairs of pants, and a rattle (simple, small, and plastic for easy washing!).
I tried looking for a plastic baby photo book but was unsuccessful. Instead Eli and Ayla will make her a picture and we'll add a few photos of us. I'm going to laminate it or put it in a page protector... hoping they will put it by her crib or at least let her look our our pictures (yes, I know she is quite young, but it makes me feel like she will have some sort of connection to us!).
I'm also going to ask if I can include a baggie with some goodies for the nannies that work at her orphanage....gum, starburts, and a letter I'll get translated to French.
With all the joy and celebration, there have been times of iritation and saddness in the past 12 days. Of course there's the saddess of not being with her and having to wait so long to see her face to face, but we also now get to face the iritation and shallowness of others:
-Family members who just can't understand why we would want more children.
-People who cricitize and don't approve of international adoption.
-Family members who just can't understand why we would want more children.
-People who cricitize and don't approve of international adoption.
-Questions regarding her race.
-Etc, etc.
It's frustrating to try to expalian our hearts (and God's) to others that just DONT GET IT. I have been trying my best to ignore those comments but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't get under my skin a bit! A simple look at her photo and a prayer to our Father brings the harsh realities into a love for others and a hope that someday they will "come around."
-Etc, etc.
It's frustrating to try to expalian our hearts (and God's) to others that just DONT GET IT. I have been trying my best to ignore those comments but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't get under my skin a bit! A simple look at her photo and a prayer to our Father brings the harsh realities into a love for others and a hope that someday they will "come around."
For the next 168 days we'll continue to pray for her and dream of being with her!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Addy, March 27, 2012
We love you so much and cannot wait for you to physically join our family. Even your big brother Owen knows about you and shouts, "It's AAAADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEE" whenever he looks at your picture. You're prayed for numerous times througout the day and Eli and and Ayla NEVER forget about you---usually praying that you can come home soon.
It's about 11pm your time right now. I pray that you were rocked or soothed to sleep, that you are comfortable, and that you're having sweet dreams. Oh how I wish that I was the one putting you to sleep at night. Do you like to be rocked? Do you sleep through the night? Are you a heavy sleeper? Do you make noises while you sleep? Would you let me hold you for hours upon hours while I snuggle you tightly?
Daddy and Mommy will be there soon. Not soon enough, but soon. Then it will be us caring for you and loving on you...
Mommy

Courtney,
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea, how watching you and Bobby going through this prossess of adoption has impacted my life! And especially now since you got your referral. I have told you in the past that God is doing something in my heart but that I am just not sure what all that is yet. every time I read your blog it deepens my love for these precious little dears. You are such an inspiration to me, and to so many others,I am sure! I am praying for you all and precious Addy. Love you! Clara ♥
I'm speechless. Hope to be in your shoes sometime soon:)
ReplyDelete