Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

We spent a good portion of our week preparing for Easter...you know: dying eggs, ironing shirts, getting baskets put together, baking cakes, etc etc. 
All the important things, right???!?!?   

As much as I want to be a fun mom and truly love seeing my children's face light up from such simple things like a plastic Easter egg (that's empty), or a marshmallow peep---not something mom generally lets them have; Easter is so much more than that.

Many times this week I found Bobby and I asking the kids, "What is Easter all about? Why do we celebrate this time of year?"  They know about Jesus.  They know He died on the cross for us.  They know the tomb was found empty.  And they know that Jesus rose and ascended into Heaven.  

But here I am on Easter night reflecting on our week and wondering if Jesus would be proud of us.  Would He feel some sort of glory from the way we've celebrated His death and resurrection??   


I sure hope He would say "YES!"
But, would He?!?!?

I'm not saying we need to take out all the fun from every holiday to see/feel the importance of it.  BUT, I do think there is much more we could be doing. This time is a great time to reflect on what He did for US!  Through His pain and sacrifice we are able to be welcomed into His family and have eternal life....hands down the best thing we could ever receive.  So why wouldn't we want to give our lives to Him and repay Him the best we can???
"It was my sin that held him there,
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life,
I know that it is finished....
Why should I gain from His reward,
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom."


I hope this Easter you've had the chance to celebrate our Lord and Savior with family and friends...but that you also have thought about the FREE gift He has given us...and what YOU can do to repay Him.
(a few photos to share....of course, what would an Easter be without baskets, matching outfits, and family photos?!?!??!?!)





(a few outfits for Addy's "basket")
  Windy and sunny....not so great for family photos!
Our dear sweet Addy....we're waiting for you!!! 

(PS...our dossier was sent to the DRC on Friday!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!  Once it arrives we will be given a court date...wait for court....pass......thirty day wait period....then things get processed for us to bring Addy HOME!!!)

Love from our family to yours!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Courtney, our dossier was sent last Tuesday! It should arrive tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about your court date:)

    ReplyDelete