Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting By...

I told myself a few weeks ago the next time I posted would be me posting new pictures of our sweet Addy....nope.

This waiting game is TOUGH.  Most days I get by just fine with our day to day happenings and knowing we will have Addy home soon...but today has been hard...actually one of the toughest days yet.  I've found myself biting my lips countless times to kick back the tears.  We received our referral 6.5 weeks ago...and the photo we have was probably taken a couple weeks before we received her info...that means 2 months of infant life we are missing out on completely--like it's not enough that all we have is a photo!!  How big is she now?  Is she growing much?  What does her sweet face look like (we've only seen a side profile)?  Is she healthy?  (and those are just the questions about her physical appearance!).

Today I went through clothes and washed and put away all the 6-12 month baby girl clothes!!!  It was soooo emotional for me!!  Remembering Ayla wearing them and many great memories...plus the added emotions of imagining Addy wearing them!  Ayla was right by my side the entire time and was just squealing with delight!  Unfortunately last summer when we had our fundraising garage sale I got ride of 90% of our baby girl clothes under 12 months (at that time we were preparing for our Ethiopian blessing and knew they would be at least 12 months when coming home).

Anyway...a few other updates from the past week!

Some of my girlfriends and I are doing an after-bed-time discussion on 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.  Don't read it.  That is, unless you want to really discover yourself, your idols, where you time/money is going, and how the luxuries of this world cripple our faith.  It's an eye-opener.  I've thoroughly enjoyed (enjoyed doesn't quite fit this one) reading it with these wonderful ladies....but this week we decided to challenge each other.  For two weeks I am watching NO TV and only spending 30 mins on the computer a day--WHILE the kids are sleeping or resting--no wasting my time with my kiddos for stalking people on FB or lingering around adoption blogs. The 30 minutes is HARD when this mommy feels so alone today.   

(If there are typos in this post, blame the experiment--my fingers are going as fast as they can!)

(more of the 7 experience on a later date!)

We haven't officially broken ground, but we did get some dirt last week!  Our site work (getting the hill ready for a house) will be done this week while we're in CA and then next week or so we'll get the excavation going!!!!!!  The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it out in the country and I CANNOT WAIT to have our family grow out there!!! 


Last weekend I spent AN ENTIRE day moving the kids' rooms around.  Ayla used to have the green room (which so cutely matched her comforter and even had white trim to match her furniture).  With the addition of Addy we had to decide what to do with the rooms before our house will be done...about 9 months from now.  The only solution was to move Eli and Owen to the small room and put Ayla and Addy in the larger room. 

It's taking all I've got to not paint the rooms, the trim and the crib!!  BUT (again through the messed up 7 book) I've realized some of MY priorities in life just shouldn't be priorities...Ayla and Addy can have two colors of furniture in their plain tan room (and ugly brown trim) AND the boys' green walls don't TOTALLY clash.  I will be JUST FINE. 


Tomorrow night Bobby and I leave for the Summit VIII conference in Orange County, CA!!  We are SUPER excited about the conference...Steven Curtis Chapman, Frances Chan, Dennis/Barbara Rainey, Rick/Kay Warren and MUCH MORE!  We look forward to connecting with other adoptive parents and ministry leaders and are excited to have some time together!  The last trip we took alone outside of Dickinson was in December 2010...it'll be nice!

Please continue to pray for Addy (and us).  We're waiting right now to hear about our court date and judgment.  It's estimated that once we get our judgment we'll travel about 8 weeks later!  We could have Addy in our arms as soon as JULY!!!!!!!!!

(and yes, I'm praying we get an updated photo SOON--the unknowns are killing me and to just see how much she's grown would make this mommy sooooooo happy!).

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that you get some info and a photo SOON! I'm sure the waiting is horrible! Hang in there, one day at a time. Miss y'all!!

    ReplyDelete