Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Orphan Sunday Recap....

I  thought I'd get to this post yesterday...but I've been blessed with having two other children to care for the last few days and find myself running in circles chasing after five children ages 5 and younger!!!  A post about THAT experience will come soon....stay tuned!


On Sunday we celebrated Orphan Sunday at our church...and it was such a blessing for us to share about the orphan crisis with others!  We were blessed to have two other families share with us: one on foster care, and one on their story of bringing home their daughter from Russia.  I am guessing there were around 80-100 people in attendance and we were delighted with the number of people God brought to listen!!  We had numerous people come up to us after Sunday School saying how they were touched in one way or another...and I can honestly say Bobby and I were touched 10 times more! 
When we first started this adoption journey we thought the process was about our family and what God wanted us to do for an orphaned child.  Now we know that His plans were much greater!!!  Bobby and I have grown an INTENSE passion for orphans, Africa, and the less fortunate.  To be able to share that passion with others and to see how God is moving in the hearts of others in our church makes my heart skip a few beats!!!  We had FOUR families pick up applications for foster care, and one family approach us with questions about adoption....that means at least five families were touched in some way.  We will be praying that the Lord works in their lives as He did ours. 
Here is a video we shared that puts a few things into perspective:
I often find myself feeling jealousy of my "friends" who have great support close by them....people from places like, NC, TX, OK, VA, IN, and OH.  The movement to care for orphans is growing so rapidly in places down south and out east...and I yearn for those connections and support here in North Dakota!!    BUT, I can see how God brought us back to ND in just the right time!!  We are now ready to take our ministry further and will be sharing our vision/dream with other chruches in Dickinson very soon.  In the past nine months God has definitely been working in our lives and has placed the right people and opportunities smack dab in front of us!!!!

I cannot wait to see the posts I'll be writing a year from now, two years from now, or five years from now!  I cannot wait to see the plans He has for us, our church, and our community!!! 


Love from our family to yours!

1 comment: