I'm often asked how I get so much done all the time while being committed to so many things....the truth is, it takes a lot to stress me out, I love being busy, and the busier I am the more I get done.
December 4th marked our 1 month waiting mark (our dossier was sent to Ethiopia on 11/4/11). When I started this blog I had plans to write a post each month on our DTE monthly "anniversary." Well, looks like I missed the boat on the FIRST month! I told myself numerous times that week not to miss it....and I did.
December 4th marked our 1 month waiting mark (our dossier was sent to Ethiopia on 11/4/11). When I started this blog I had plans to write a post each month on our DTE monthly "anniversary." Well, looks like I missed the boat on the FIRST month! I told myself numerous times that week not to miss it....and I did.
I guess you can say I wasn't so busy that week and found myself resting and reading when I'd usually be running in twenty directions! BUT, this week the slack has been picked up and we are busily preparing for numerous Christmas get togethers, a going away party, and all the other fun things this time brings.
This past Saturday was spent in the kitchen baking our yearly Christmas goodies....Friday night Ayla and Owen helped me prepare for Saturday by unwrapping two packages of kisses, a bag of rollos, and two bags of peppermint patties (and could you believe they didn't eat ONE piece of candy while working?!?!?).
Saturday we were in the kitchen baking from 10am until 10pm....my sister-in-law Ally came to help for most the day as did my grandma (she spent most of the day chasing after the 3 rugrats and giving in to all their demands!).
To be honest, this month of waiting has FLOWN by! I have really found peace lately in knowing that God's timing is the best...we are in the final stages of designing our future house (we plan on building this spring/summer) and I can see now how building the house and getting moved in BEFORE we welcome a new little one (or ones) into our family will be a huge blessing! When we started this process we were under the impression we'd have a child HOME by the summer/fall of 2012....which would fall directly into the craziness of us building our home (literally US building our home). I'm not saying we won't welcome any speed up in the process that would miraculously bring us a child quicker than we are now expecting....but if we are to wait a bit longer than we had hoped, I pray we will continue to remember that God's timing is always the perfect timing!
Between the parties, school work, house work, and family time this week I'll even shoot out another post this week including our holiday letter and card:)
Love from our family to yours!
Courtney, You are such an inspiration. Can I have some of your energy & motivation?!
ReplyDelete