Monday, September 9, 2013

I Hear You...

When we were in Ethiopia our boys asked numerous times when we would be returning...we kept giving them generalized answers, but they wanted more (just as I find myself wanting now).

Finally we gave in and asked our coordinator what she thought as far as a time table...we were told 6-8 weeks post court.  

So, the day we left we gave our boys some letters to hold on to...and we told them we'd be retuning in ABOUT 45 days (8 weeks post court).  We explained that this was an estimate but that we were hoping to be back by then (last week in September).

Since then we have heard that our boys are LITERALLY counting down the days...fully believing we'll be back by then.

As this week begins, we can't help but beg God to give us some answers as to when we will be returning.  We know we still have 2 weeks to make it within that time frame...but there's still a lot to be done before we are cleared.  

Today I emailed our travel coordinator and asked if she has any insight.  She responded by telling me the US Embassy in Ethiopia is behind right now but she doesn't know what that means for us.  She is hoping to be in contact with them tomorrow and then will get back to us.

Just a couple hours after putting a note on FB asking for prayers, I open up my nightly devotional....

Okay God. I hear you.  I will wait in obedience to you. It is not easy...my heart aches knowing my boys may be let down, wondering when we are returning.  My heart aches to not have them home for movie nights, fresh peach pie, family dinners, bedtime prayers, and all our other family shindigs.  We're a tree trying to survive missing two of its branches....and we're ready for the last chapter of the "before home" adoption process....BUT...

Gods timetable is ALWAYS perfect.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so sweet! I will be praying that you can rest in God's timing and that your boys can too! Can't wait to hear you all have the green light to go back!

    ReplyDelete