Dossier work update:Passports renewed...check (wait to get back!)
Hague training....check
Background checks...check (wait to get back!)
Employment letters...check
Physicals...check
Application letter to MOWCYA...check
Home study underway...check
To do list:
Financial Statement
Round up last couple of reference letters
Start AAU training
Bobby finish Autobiography
Finish Home Study
Wait, wait, wait :)
The list is definitely getting smaller! We have been feeling God's hand among us this week! We got good news about our passports (less money and work than we thought we had to do!) and had a very great group of people join us for our Fundraising Dinner. We have raised exactly how much we need to pay for our Home Study! Now we will be working toward our Dossier payment which will be right around $7,800. I know God is definitely on our side and will be moving mountains as we continue to work toward bringing our little girl HOME!!
It's so easy to get caught up in the paperwork and fundraising of adoption that I need to bring myself back to the cause and reason behind this process!
I strive to have the faith and love of our children. Little Eli and Ayla are constantly reminding us to pray for our daughter and to include her in our family even now, before she is with us or possibly even born! The other night we were sitting at the dinner table and we asked Ayla how many people are in our family (simply asking as she LOVES to count things lately)...she started around the dinner table and counted, "1...2...3...4....5....and my baby sister is 6!!" I don't know why I was shocked at her response as she is infatuated in the idea of having a baby sister...but it warmed my heart tremendously to be put into perspective by a THREE YEAR OLD! We ARE a family of 6...a family that God created and has wonderful plans for.
We are reminded in Jeremiah that God has plans for us...He has hope and a future planned for our little girl and for many other orphans around the world who are waiting to be brought home to forever families. I continue to pray for the orphans of this world...and just as much I pray for the Christians of this world who CAN make a difference in the life of children who are starving, left alone, helpless, hurt, and crying out.Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
As we celebrated adding members to our family this past weekend and celebrated the Freedom we have in America, I can't help but dream of the day we will bring our daughter (or children) home from Ethiopia. How they too will join our family and will be gaining freedom they wouldn't have if we weren't called to bring them HOME.
Love from our family to yours!
Hague training....check
Background checks...check (wait to get back!)
Employment letters...check
Physicals...check
Application letter to MOWCYA...check
Home study underway...check
To do list:
Financial Statement
Round up last couple of reference letters
Start AAU training
Bobby finish Autobiography
Finish Home Study
Wait, wait, wait :)
The list is definitely getting smaller! We have been feeling God's hand among us this week! We got good news about our passports (less money and work than we thought we had to do!) and had a very great group of people join us for our Fundraising Dinner. We have raised exactly how much we need to pay for our Home Study! Now we will be working toward our Dossier payment which will be right around $7,800. I know God is definitely on our side and will be moving mountains as we continue to work toward bringing our little girl HOME!!
It's so easy to get caught up in the paperwork and fundraising of adoption that I need to bring myself back to the cause and reason behind this process!
I strive to have the faith and love of our children. Little Eli and Ayla are constantly reminding us to pray for our daughter and to include her in our family even now, before she is with us or possibly even born! The other night we were sitting at the dinner table and we asked Ayla how many people are in our family (simply asking as she LOVES to count things lately)...she started around the dinner table and counted, "1...2...3...4....5....and my baby sister is 6!!" I don't know why I was shocked at her response as she is infatuated in the idea of having a baby sister...but it warmed my heart tremendously to be put into perspective by a THREE YEAR OLD! We ARE a family of 6...a family that God created and has wonderful plans for.
We are reminded in Jeremiah that God has plans for us...He has hope and a future planned for our little girl and for many other orphans around the world who are waiting to be brought home to forever families. I continue to pray for the orphans of this world...and just as much I pray for the Christians of this world who CAN make a difference in the life of children who are starving, left alone, helpless, hurt, and crying out.Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
As we celebrated adding members to our family this past weekend and celebrated the Freedom we have in America, I can't help but dream of the day we will bring our daughter (or children) home from Ethiopia. How they too will join our family and will be gaining freedom they wouldn't have if we weren't called to bring them HOME.
Love from our family to yours!
Woohoo!!! Great job on the paperwork!! You're getting there one paper at a time. :)
ReplyDeleteDid you get our shirt in the mail? Also, do you have XL in your women's shirts? Or do they fit pretty true to size? I know it's a fitted tee, so I want to make sure it will actually fit me. :D
Hey! We applied to awaa for our 2nd et adoption (we came home 4 months ago with our son). Nice to meet u!
ReplyDeleteI ordered a t-shirt and its just a little too small (its a small) by chance could I send it back for a M?
Vanessa