Sometimes parenting is sweet, loving, fun and easy....then there are times that leave you tired, exhausted, angry or dumbfounded. Little Ayla (3) is just blowing me away lately with her vocabulary and the things she comes up with...she's definitely our "talker". Eli (almost 5) on the other hand is more of the listener/heartfelt child and really thinks things through (a little background information for the following story!).A few nights ago I was putting the kiddos into the car and Eli asked the question every mom is asked at least once..."Mommy, which one of us is your favorite?"
When he asked the question I was expecting to open a whole can of worms and an in depth conversation. I started by responding..."Of course you are all my favorites...."
He interrupted, "But who do you LOOOOVVE the most??"
"Eli, I love you all the same but for many different reasons. I love you all because you are my children....I love you because..."
After I tell him what I love about him he interrupts again, "Well Mommy, I love Daddy more and then you." and grins.
Of course the conversation stopped at this point as I was completely dumbfounded (a little jealous) and laughing hysterically.
I just read this post today that covers the same topic but with a much better ending:) It's a great little story, so I'd recommend everyone to read this post:
Love from our family to yours!
When he asked the question I was expecting to open a whole can of worms and an in depth conversation. I started by responding..."Of course you are all my favorites...."
He interrupted, "But who do you LOOOOVVE the most??"
"Eli, I love you all the same but for many different reasons. I love you all because you are my children....I love you because..."
After I tell him what I love about him he interrupts again, "Well Mommy, I love Daddy more and then you." and grins.
Of course the conversation stopped at this point as I was completely dumbfounded (a little jealous) and laughing hysterically.
I just read this post today that covers the same topic but with a much better ending:) It's a great little story, so I'd recommend everyone to read this post:
Post by Shelley Brown
Love from our family to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment