We are getting closer! We are STILL waiting for our Colorado background checks to get back, then will send our I-600 form in, wait for that process, THEN our dossier will be sent to Ethiopia!!!!
We have so much to be grateful for this week! God has answered so many prayers and we are getting so much closer to getting our dossier sent to ETHIOPIA!!! We need $7,700 to get our dossier sent and this week brought us great strides!
A couple weeks ago the kiddos and I were running errands and decided to stop and get the car washed...which turned into a 1.5 hour adventure after we got stuck in the car wash, the arm broke on our car, we had to wait for the owner to show up to get us out, then had to take pictures of the scratches on our car, etc. Believe it or not the 1.5 hours in the car with three hungry kiddos was not bad! I kept my patience and was able to laugh at the situation.
Why the story? Well, the small scratches on my car (which are almost 100% buffed out) brought us $400 in an insurance claim...of course we weren't going to use $400 for something silly--like scratches you can't even see-- when we can put the money toward GOD's PURPOSE in our life right now! (even got a bundle of free car washes, so the 1.5 hours was rather successful!)
THEN we've been preparing for a rummage sale for awhile now...cleaning closets, getting donations from wonderful friends and family, and setting up. My goal in the process was $800-$1,000 and prayed that God would bring the people and money even on a rainy weekend.
Well, God once again showed His wonders by bringing us...
$800 on the FIRST DAY ALONE...
another $600 on the second day....
$1,400 to go straight toward our dossier payment.
W.O.W.
And THEN...we got our tax return a couple months ago (which some of which went toward our initial adoption costs) but were short changed $2,000 when we received our return. We've questioned it a couple of times but it wasn't looking promising. After our sale today I checked our bank account to find an extra $2,000 sitting there....unexpectedly from our taxes.
That means this week we have made a huge leap and are able to add $3,800 to our adoption account!!!!!!!! Can you say God is great...or WHAT?!??!!?
Today I was elated in all the ways God has answered our prayers and has provided for our family. Just a few short hours after all the excitement I found myself in a situation feeling jealous and bummed out. In that moment I had to stop, shake my head, and realize the little silly insecurities in life do not matter. It's so easy to get caught up in the little things...at the end of the day when I sit back to reflect, I realize how small I am and how awesome He is. I pray that God continues to show me how small I am...how silly insecurities are...how great He is.
I pray that every one of you reading this will stop and take a moment to reflect on what God has done in YOUR life this week...month...year...life.
So much has been given to me;
I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied.~Hellen Keller
Love from our family to yours!
We have so much to be grateful for this week! God has answered so many prayers and we are getting so much closer to getting our dossier sent to ETHIOPIA!!! We need $7,700 to get our dossier sent and this week brought us great strides!
A couple weeks ago the kiddos and I were running errands and decided to stop and get the car washed...which turned into a 1.5 hour adventure after we got stuck in the car wash, the arm broke on our car, we had to wait for the owner to show up to get us out, then had to take pictures of the scratches on our car, etc. Believe it or not the 1.5 hours in the car with three hungry kiddos was not bad! I kept my patience and was able to laugh at the situation.
Why the story? Well, the small scratches on my car (which are almost 100% buffed out) brought us $400 in an insurance claim...of course we weren't going to use $400 for something silly--like scratches you can't even see-- when we can put the money toward GOD's PURPOSE in our life right now! (even got a bundle of free car washes, so the 1.5 hours was rather successful!)
THEN we've been preparing for a rummage sale for awhile now...cleaning closets, getting donations from wonderful friends and family, and setting up. My goal in the process was $800-$1,000 and prayed that God would bring the people and money even on a rainy weekend.
Well, God once again showed His wonders by bringing us...
$800 on the FIRST DAY ALONE...
another $600 on the second day....
$1,400 to go straight toward our dossier payment.
W.O.W.
And THEN...we got our tax return a couple months ago (which some of which went toward our initial adoption costs) but were short changed $2,000 when we received our return. We've questioned it a couple of times but it wasn't looking promising. After our sale today I checked our bank account to find an extra $2,000 sitting there....unexpectedly from our taxes.
That means this week we have made a huge leap and are able to add $3,800 to our adoption account!!!!!!!! Can you say God is great...or WHAT?!??!!?
Today I was elated in all the ways God has answered our prayers and has provided for our family. Just a few short hours after all the excitement I found myself in a situation feeling jealous and bummed out. In that moment I had to stop, shake my head, and realize the little silly insecurities in life do not matter. It's so easy to get caught up in the little things...at the end of the day when I sit back to reflect, I realize how small I am and how awesome He is. I pray that God continues to show me how small I am...how silly insecurities are...how great He is.
I pray that every one of you reading this will stop and take a moment to reflect on what God has done in YOUR life this week...month...year...life.
So much has been given to me;
I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied.~Hellen Keller
"Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever."
Psalm 136:26
His love endures forever."
Psalm 136:26
Love from our family to yours!
I have been praying all week specifically that you get all $7500. I am so excited
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! And thanks for the wonderful reminder to stop and reflect on all that God has done in my life. I love the Helen Keller quote, too. Praising God for providing abundantly for y'all and praying, too, that you get all $7500. :)
ReplyDelete