Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wild Ride

When I took on my new job last fall, the hardest thing (besides leaving my children) was figuring out my schedule.  No matter how hard I tried there was no getting around working Wednesday mornings which had been my weekly Bible Study morning with other women!  It was very hard to give up...

With the birth of my new nephew (of course I have to inlcude a picture as he is one handsome little man and I am quite proud), I decided to take Wednesdays off for the remainder of the school year.  My SIL used to watch the kiddos on Wednesdays and I have so many days/hours built up that it worked out perfectly.  Not only perfectly for she and I...but perfectly to get back into my Bible study;)

Walter Allen Kolar (born Feb 2, 2012 to Cain and Ally)

(Eli said, "I love my baby cousin.  I'm going to be a good example for him.")

Today was my first day back to Wednesday morning study...and I'm still thinking about how the lesson applies to exactly what I've been experiencing and writing about lately.

Beth started the session with asking everyone to think about the year (if it's happened yet) in which your life was changed.  The year in which you found exactly what your purpose here on earth is. 

Oddly enough, I just had this conversation with one of my best friends, Clara, last week!  I was telling her how last February (almost exactly a year ago), when we decided to adopt and our passion toward orphan care started, I knew for the first time in my life that I was doing EXACTLY what God had planned for me and that I felt like I finally understood my purpose. 

Don't get me wrong.  I love children, love teaching, love being a mommy, and love being a wife.  I have always had everything a girl could have wanted and was living the good life.  BUT, even in my perfectly comfortable, good life I always felt like there was just something missing...I felt like there was something more for me that was yet to come.  And then God led Bobby and I onto this road of adoption and ministry in orphan care/awareness.  I am 100% certain that 2011 is the year that changed my life and my purpose was clear.

She ended this session on making this statement:
"I'd rather ride a bucking bronco than sit and live a boring life.  It's only a wild ride if someone else is driving.  I want to live and live a wild ride."
This statement reminded me of my previous post relating to following exactly where God leads you.  I can honesty say my life has never been shook as much as it has since we started truly listening to what God was telling us.  

Our life is crazy.  The ride is wild.  But I woud not change this life for anything! 

We had a discussion with our dossier coordinator from ALBB today.  Not only is our dossier so much easier this time around (less paperwork!!) but it is almost completed as we have so much done already.  The DRC requires that after receiving a referral your dossier must be sent within 30 days (remember for the DRC the dossier is sent AFTER the referral, not before like Ethiopia).  She had to be sure that our dossier is close to being completed before they can give us a referral so this time requirement can be met.  I got off the phone with her at 2:30 and she assured me she would talk to our program coordinator that would start looking for a referral for us.....at 2:45 she called me to ask if we would accept a referral for a 10.5 month baby girl.  WHAT?!?!?!? 

We have decided to not to move forward with this child as we really want a child as young as possible.  Owen is only 20 months and we would like them to be at least a year apart (hoping for around 16-18months apart).  This again broke our hearts.  Bobby's first reaction was, "If we don't move forward with her, will she get matched with a family?"  You see, our hearts brake each time we hear of a waiting child (which is constantly).  We cannot imagine these children growing up without a daddy and mommy.  We want to change the world.  We wish we could take in hundreds of children.  Their pain is our pain. 

BUT, we do know that as long as we jump in the passenger seat....God will lead us exactly where we are meant to be.  He will lead us to the children who belong in our familly and He will help us share our passion with others. 

Please take a moment to pray for the waiting, lonely, fatherless children of the world.  Children who could live down your street, across the nation, or across the world.  For most of them, their only hope is in others who will love them and show them the love of Christ. 

Psalm 68:5-6
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families...

Love from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment