Monday, May 21, 2012

Summoning Princess Addy

I'm going to be honest and say we requested a baby GIRL when we were called to grow our family through adoption. Not that Ayla wasn't enough, but I grew up with two brothers and have ALWAYS longed for a sister. I still have panging jabs of jealousy now and then of my girlfriends who have sisters and the bond they share as adults. And so it was, for my darling Ayla, we prayed for a sister.


It still gives me the gibbers knowing in a few short months I'm going to be putting two boys AND two girls to bed. That I'll be dressing two boys AND two girls. That I'll be toting all four of them around with me everywhere (yes, I am THAT mom that brings her kids everywhere---sorry checker at Wal-Mart today...little do you know that soon I'll be coming through your line with FOUR whining, crying, wandering children).
When we first knew we were REALLY getting our second daughter, I was a little worried that Ayla would be jealous that her role as "head princess" would be shared.

Man was I wrong!



From the day we told Ayla she was going to be getting a sister, she has prayed and prayed for Addy to come quickly. Ayla is the one that is sure we ALWAYS get Addy something from the store and that Addy's things are well cared for. Ayla is the one that begged and begged to share her room with Addy when we were deciding how to arrange the rooms. Ayla is the one who prays fervently for her sister and is sure to tell EVERYONE that she has a sister on the way.


I got a good laugh when Ayla requested her 4th birthday to be a tea party for GIRLS ONLY. Not because she wanted a tea party...but the whole "girls only" part. Ayla plays with boys 90% of the time and loves her boys so much (you know, being the only girl in a group of boys). Not only did Ayla request a GIRLS tea party (she did allow her brothers to be the servers!!) but she loved every single second of it and made the comment, "soon I won't be the only sister and Addy can be part of my girls' club."
 


We were in Wal-Mart today and saw some cute shiny black boots on clearance (just Ayla's style). When I picked them up and told Ayla they were for Addy, she replied, "Oh yes, Addy will look BEAUTIFUL in those." Not one little hesitation that she was not getting them.
(p.s. they were on clearance for ONE DOLLAR---go grab a pair if you have a baby or toddler girl).



Every day we wait I get nervous that the anticipation will fade for Eli, Ayla, and Owen. Every day they amaze me with the amount of love and understanding they have. They L-O-V-E their sister and count her a part of the family as much as we do.
I cannot wait to have Addy home and to see her personality unfold and see how much she and Ayla are alike and different. I cannot wait to see my children love Addy IN PERSON and to see them interact with each other.


We are praying Addy will be home in July. It is a LONG shot, but we know our God can work miracles!

Here is the easy timeline from now until travel:

We had court on May 12th (ish)
We are currently waiting on written judgment (3-4 weeks from court)

After judgment we have a 30 day wait period and Addy's passports, birth certificate, etc will be processed (30 days minimum)
Embassy appointment (2-3 weeks)


Those are the time frames if everything went 100% smoothly-- on-time and no hiccups....which means the absolute soonest we could travel to bring Addy home is July 15.

BUT, it is not usually that smooth;)

There are typically document errors that need to be fixed and our case is not a priority on the DRC side:) They often take vacations, timelines are very lenient, and delays are often.


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE join in praying for us. Addy needs your prayers for health and safety....we need your prayers that the remaining process will go smoothly and we will be able to travel in July or August.


Princess Addy, your presence is requested at the Williams home.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all. It is the most difficult wait ever, I remember.

    ReplyDelete