Friday, June 22, 2012

Now What?


A lot of people have been asking us the dreaded question lately....

So, when will you be travelling?

I wish I could give some clear cut answers or even understand the process completely myself. International adoption is NEVER clear-cut!
 
What I can share is what is left in the process for us (as far as I understand it)...

We received written judgment that the judge in the DRC has given us the stamp of approval to adopt Addy.

Right now we are waiting for all the documents to come in
WITH NO ERRORS, so we can file our I-600 to the US government and get approval to make Addy a US citizen. Those documents (birth certificate, passport, judgment, etc) are currently being translated from French to English and then they’ll be sent in. Once sent in it typically takes 3-4 weeks to get the I-600 back.
 
After we get the I-600 back from the US gov, it will be sent to the DRC for the LBB staff to make appointments with the DGM (their immigration officers). There are two DGM appointments:

1)     Pre-Approval, visa process (befrore we travel, a rep will be there for us)
Usually 2 weeks after I-600 approval


2)    
2. Exit Letter (the appointment we need to attend)
This appointment is usually 1 week after 1st DGM appointment


We are estimating (and praying, praying, praying) to travel
in 10 weeks:

·         1 more week to finalize documents and get I-600 sent

·         4 weeks to get I-600 back

·         2 weeks for DGM appointment #1

·         1 week for DGM appointment #2

·         2 weeks for wiggle room

That still means there is a possibility we COULD travel in August. Keep in mind that these are ESTIMATES and some people end up waiting 6 weeks for their I-600....some wait 4 weeks for their DGM appointments. So again, we are asking you to lift our family up in prayers.

v  Please pray that things go as planned.

v  Pray her documents have no errors.

v  Pray that appointments are made in a timely order.

v  Pray that we travel in AUGUST

v  And ALWAYS be praying for Addy’s health and safety

 So what do I do in the wait?!?!?!??!

GET READY FOR MY SWEET DAUGHTER!

Yesterday mom and I went to Bismarck and did some ADDY SHOPPING!


Formula (EXPENSIVE!)
Diapers
Bottles
Hair/Skin Care
Clothing
Etc, etc
Addy's Loot from Yesterday 

 Addy's closet all ready and waiting...


Have a great weekend all!

4 comments:

  1. Courtney I was trying to find some way to private message you. We are currently working with an agency that I am now second guessing. I wanted to ask you some questions about a Love Beyond Borders. My email address is Betsy.phill@gmail.com. If its not too much trouble could u email me so I would have your contact info. Thank you very much! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I have been wondering what happens next in your process. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be adding to your prayer list we get to travel together! Would love to meet you Internationally since Stateside didn't work out! Thanks again for lifting our family up through all of that! -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for you guys. Time seems to be flying by. Won't be long. Prayers and thoughts sent your way from us to you and yours. Love you guys and miss you . ~ Wendy, Sam, Kenzie, Brooklin, Dominic, and Payton

    ReplyDelete