Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Birthday Gift

Two months ago I had a wish to have Addy in my arms by my birthday.  Well, even though that wish didn't come true...I got the next best thing.

AN UPDATED PHOTO OF OUR SWEET GIRL!  What a wonderful birthday blessing for a mommy who is aching to be with her daughter!! 


Addy will turn 6 months this week and even though we will not have her in our arms, she is ours none-the-less!  The feeling of having a child whom God has chosen for you half a world away is one not many can understand.  It's hard.  It's sad.  It's challanging. 

But our God has a plan for all of us.  A plan for me as a mother.  A plan for Bobby as a father.  A plan for Eli, Ayla, and Owen as siblings.  And a plan for Addy, born 8,380 miles away from her parents.  And His plan is ALWAYS perfect, always right!



As hard as it is to describe, it's even harder for me to imagine having this sweet face in my arms in 5 weeks!   I almost can't believe that God has chosen OUR family to get to bring THIS sweet girl HOME.  For the next 5 weeks we'll continue to pray for her...and continue to dream of this silly, sweet face.

Yes, the tongue is out again;)  Look how BIG she is getting! 


My heart is melting!  I had no clue I could love some I've never met THIS MUCH. 

4 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful and HEALTHY! I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here tonight aching for my son in the DRC just ran into your blog post of your new pic of your daughter and feel such joy for you I know how precious those updated pics are!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blair! I know how hard the waiting is...the prayer bracelet has helped keep me wrapped in the Lord's guidance and timing:)

      Delete
  3. Hang in there my sister in adoption. We are almost there!

    ReplyDelete