Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Summit 9

Last year Bobby and I were able to travel to Lake Forest, CA for our first Summit experience.  We were so blown away by what we experienced, that we said we'd go every year we possibly could! 
You can read about our 1st Summit experience here.

From that post:

I have no clue how to capture our experience.
The atmosphere.
The people.
The speakers.
The thousands of hearts for orphans.
The wonderful organizations.
The music and time of worship.
The time with my hubby.
And on and on.

---------------------------------------------------

This year we started thinking and planning early about the conference, and in the end decided it was best for me to go with a couple of my best friends, who are also on our Embrace leadership team and who have huge hearts for God and orphans.

I have NEVER gone on a girls' trip before (well, other than with my awesome mom!)...and so I'm quite excited about this trip--even though this will not be the typical "girls weekend away."  We will be immersed in a sea of people who have a heart for orphans.  We'll be in workshops/classes for 3 days straight.  And, we'll come back even more pumped and with more ideas than we already have for our families and ministry!

Are you a foster parent? Adoptive parent?  Do you have a desire to answer God's will and care for the millions of orphans in the world??  If so, I'd suggest checking out Summit !

“I am writing this post as part of the Summit 9 Blogger Giveaway. Check out all the details at www.summit9.org”.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting you have gotten to attend before!! I hope to go for my first time this year. I am blown away with excitement as I read over all the awesome speakers and workshops that will be there this year. It's disappointing to me that it would be impossible to attend each and everyone ;-)...Prayers and best wishes for you to get to go again this year!!

    P.s your babies are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here reading as a part of the CAFO blogger contest team. Thank you for sharing your heart. What a beautiful family you have! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait too!!! Your family is PRECIOUS!!! God bless you with your ministry and family.

    Hope to meet you there!!
    Blessings,
    Tabitha
    www.adoptionairfare.com

    ReplyDelete