Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Beginning Life as EIGHT!

I'm overwhelmed with happiness today as our six children lie in their beds napping from the eventful day we've had!

From leaving our guest house to arriving home we spent 36 hours traveling.  We got into Dickinson last night and were POOPED.  We literally had to pull Detcho off the plane as we whispered, "We're here."

We walked into the airport to find a grove of family and friends.  I was overwhelmed with the sight and did my best to hold back the tears, trying to stay calm and collected for the boys. I did pretty well until everyone broke out singing "God is So Good."
It was a beautiful night(can't wait to share more pictures someday soon!!).  Addy was quiet, but didn't want Nahagi to leave her side.  The boys were so happy to see so many people--even if they were tired and a little shy!  And Owen, Eli, and Ayla were just giddy!
First sibling photo!

We drove home last night a family of 8 as the kiddos chatted nonstop.  The boys were overly excited to see the entire house and to play with their siblings and kept saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
We stayed up way too late, and then tucked SIX wonderful children into bed.  Tears gushed down my cheeks as I walked down the hall thanking God for each of them.

Today we woke EARLY---all six were up before 7 and ready to enjoy a day of bonding.  Nahagi jumps at any chance to help...

They played outside for a few hours this morning.  Bikes were first on their list (thanks friends!!!).  The some hiking and nerf gun wars.  Nahagi came up to me outside whispering, "Thank you mom.  Thank you for everything."  And Detcho....he hasn't stopped smiling one second.

I've been unpacking and doing laundry most of the morning, letting the kids have time together.  I came around the corner to them cuddling and visiting on the couches---and yes, I cried again as I snapped a few photos:)
Praising God today for all He has done. And thanking Him for all who helped us get here...
Prayerfully
Financially
Watching kiddos
Watching dogs
Picking kiddos up from school
Mental support
Notes of encouragement
The list goes on....
Please don't stop the prayers...as the journey is really just beginning. 

Psalm 7:17

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome home!! Enjoy every moment - the good the bad and the ugly cause it all means you are FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Courtney! SO beautiful. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Love this post! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what amazing little men you have, and what a precious family of EIGHT! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Congratulations on being home with all your kids!

    ReplyDelete