I'm not going to lie, it's been a long week.
Special, wonderful, and good....but long, tough, and exhausting!
A few nights I've laid in bed wondering how I'd have the energy to get up, tears flowing down my face as I try to comprehend all that has changed for our family...and more importantly all that has changed for our boys.
We have habits and expectations to break...and numerous things to teach {including not only educational things, but day to day life as a family}.
In the 10 days home we've shared tears, laughs, and story after story.
We've learned a lot.
We've grown a lot.
We've had to bite our tongues, roll our eyes, and laugh off things that drive us nuts.
But hard as it's been, it's been joyful.
Seeing the excitement on their faces as the snow fell....
on their first day of school......
enjoying our first family movie night....
And learning how to compromise when it comes to food....
We continue to learn more about each other every day.
With God's love and through the grace we've received,
we're able to share that love and offer grace to them.
Today was refreshing as I was able to spend some time away from the home for awhile--having coffee/lunch with S, visiting B and sweet C in the hospital, and enjoying some one on one time with miss Ayla.
AND....
I was able to pick up our homecoming photos from our photographer.
What a great reminder of how much of a blessing D and N are to our family.
Even though this season may be overwhelming, we wouldn't have it any other way!
God chose D and N to be a part of our family, and we love them soooooo very much.
Enjoy these wonderful photos of our family of EIGHT being united!!!!
A special thanks to Broken Anchor Photography for capturing this night so perfectly!




No comments:
Post a Comment