Just finished reading Tom Davis' book, Fields of the Fatherless and MUST write a post encouraging others to read it as well! If you are currently adopting, thinking of adopting/foster care, or want to know more about caring for the fatherless, this book is a MUST!
“Instead of self-concern, we need to be more concerned with loving our neighbors as ourselves. Instead of conforming to what every other Christian does and what society wants us to do, we must lay down our lives and allow our actions to speak louder than our words...
The definition of evil in the world is when good men and women see injustice and do nothing...
God puts the poor in our lives so we will reveal compassion. It's a test for us and a promise to them. Are we passing or failing?...
God wants us to remember our bondage, remember how He has saved us, and in that remembrance, He wants us to reach out in love to the fatherless….
Because He has poured out such love and care for us, we are to go find "the least of these," and do the same."
Tom Davis in Fields of the Fatherless
The definition of evil in the world is when good men and women see injustice and do nothing...
God puts the poor in our lives so we will reveal compassion. It's a test for us and a promise to them. Are we passing or failing?...
God wants us to remember our bondage, remember how He has saved us, and in that remembrance, He wants us to reach out in love to the fatherless….
Because He has poured out such love and care for us, we are to go find "the least of these," and do the same."
Tom Davis in Fields of the Fatherless
The book reminded me of the night I knew adoption was for us... That single night of habitual reading before bed has forever changed my life! It's amazing how quickly my feelings toward adoption changed and how I KNEW God was speaking directly to me and my family! One question I've often pondered in the past is ,"Am I living the live I was made to live??" After reading this book, I feel a sense of relief, knowing this is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be!
To be honest, when we started REALLY thinking about adoption I felt like we were simply growing our family by adding another child. Little did I know that God had so much in store for us! He was creating a compassion for orphans and a whole new ministry for our family. How great it is to hear little Eli or Ayla praying for their sister or for children who don't have mommies and daddies. (It's also super fun to see Ayla tell EVERYONE about her new baby sister---and the first response is ALWAYS a quick look to my belly!).
What an HONOR it will be to welcome one of His children into our home like He welcomes us!
What an HONOR it will be to welcome one of His children into our home like He welcomes us!
I cannot wait to see where this journey leads us.
I CANNOT wait for the process to speed up and to have my baby girl in my arms...
Fundraising update:
Shirts are being ordered TODAY! I am placing one large order and there will only be so many of each size!! Let me know what size you want before they are G-O-N-E! We are also in the process of planning a support dinner. Dates, times, details should be finalized sometime this week:)
Love from our family to YOURS!
Shirts are being ordered TODAY! I am placing one large order and there will only be so many of each size!! Let me know what size you want before they are G-O-N-E! We are also in the process of planning a support dinner. Dates, times, details should be finalized sometime this week:)
Love from our family to YOURS!
No comments:
Post a Comment