Friday, June 7, 2013

Celebrating????

Over the past two weeks we've done a lot of celebrating...

Miss Ayla turned 5. 
Every day she amazes us with her kind, sensitive, giving spirit.  She most definitely has a servant's heart and I continue to pray that never leaves her.  She wanted a flower party on our deck, and was rather bummed when the deck wasn't finished on time.  When I told her we could still plant flowers inside, she looked a little concerned.  I guess when she said she wanted a flower party I didn't realize she thought we were going to plant a field of wild flowers in our backyard!  But, it was still a success!



Mr. Mischievous turned 3. 
Every family has a lively one of the bunch...and that's definitely our Owen.  But, I wouldn't change any of it...he's hysterical and brings so much laughter to our home!!  He wanted a horse party and being two of his best friends turn 3 within the same week, we had a party for the three 3 year olds!  The most fun was that our friends brought a horse for the kids to ride--boy was Owen surprised and excited! 

 
We celebrated  graduation from preschool and kindergarten...

And another year of hard working at AWANAS...
 
AND the start of our deck (which led to mud baths in the backyard!).
 

It's obviously been a very eventful, fun month for our family....so much to give thanks for, as always. 
 
I actually came on to give an update on our adoption.  The latest news has put me down in the dumps this afternoon. 
 
But, as I sat down to start writing, I realized I hadn't posted all these celebrations....and in writing about the all the fun and positives, the negative doesn't seem quite so negative anymore!
 
So, even though the latest news on Ethiopian adoptions is frustrating and hard to take, I'm trying to stay positive.
 
I'd appreciate prayers for Ethiopian adoptions in general...and that the children that are waiting for families will not have to endure long, drawn out time periods within orphanages.  What this means for our family and those in process (for now) is that instead of bringing children home 4-6 months after referral, it will be 8-10 months.  And, if you heard us mention the hopes of it becoming a one trip process, it is not looking like that is the case. 
 
We had 7 months between referral and travel with Addy---and that 7 months was HARD!  I remember thinking over and over again, "at least we won't have to wait this long with our Ethiopian adoption."
 
BUT...
 
We've seen God's sovereignty through our adoption journey more than ever....and therefore we continue to push forward, ready to endure whatever it takes to bring home the child(ren) God has for our family. 
 
One more note....if we happen to get a referral within the next week or so, there is a possibility we could be submitted to court before September 1st when this new process is put into place.....I'm not counting on that...but yet we believe that if it's God's will....it will be done;)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to those beautiful kiddos! I love mud bathed kids! We are landscaping right now so we have four mudding kids running around. Isn't childhood grand!

    ReplyDelete