Friday, June 14, 2013

REFERRAL DAY!!!!!

June 14th will no longer just be known as Flag Day to our family....but also as another Referral Day!!  The day we fell in love with TWO sweet, handsome boys from Ethiopia. 

If you've followed our journey from the beginning, you know this has been quite the ride.

We started the process in April of 2011 to bring home a child 0-18 months from Ethiopia.....
then God called us to a concurrent adoption from Congo...
we brought Addy home October 29, 2012....
then our hearts and minds were opened to bringing home an older child (or children)....

And here we are today....June 14, 2013 staring at the faces of two children half way around the world, waiting for a family to welcome them and love them and keep them FOREVER.

Today we accepted the referral of these handsome young men ages 9&11.  We will be referring to them as 'D' and 'N' until we pass court.

Two years ago I would have NEVER imagined we'd be at this point right now.  Yes, there are insecurities in bringing home two older children; yet we rest assured in knowing this is all God's plan for our family.  We know some will think we're nuts (ha! many already do!) and we're okay with that.  We're okay with being just a tad bit crazy and radical.  It's all because He first loved us. 

Our children??!?!  They haven't stopped beaming all day.  Eli is completely smitten and so happy he'll have older brothers (and that used to be a fear of mine!).  Ayla keeps asking to see their pictures.  Owen and Addy just smile and laugh.  Oh how I wish I could be there when D and N find out they are joining our family!

We will keep everyone updated as to what's happening and what our time frames are looking like.  Here's what's coming up next:
  1. After paperwork is in place in Ethiopia, our family's case is submitted to court
  2. Initial MOWCYA/birth family court date takes place
  3. MOWCYA writes us a favorable (hopefully) letter
  4. The court subpoenas the adoptive family to court (TRIP #1)
  5. More paperwork and documentation after court
  6. The paperwork is submitted to the US Embassy. The Embassy completes an I-604 investigation of orphan status
  7. Once the US Embassy reviews and approves the I-600 application and finishes the I-604 Investigation, we can travel back to pick up our boys (TRIP #2)
Please join in praying for our family:
  • For clarity and preparation in our home
  • For D and N while they wait and will soon find out they have a family waiting for them (that gives me goosebumps!!!!)
  • For a quick court date before court closures (approximately 2 months due to the rainy season)
  • For the monies to fall into place (we need to send a check for $9,385 on Monday!!!!!! Then we'll have all the travel fees--for two trips)
  • For all the logistics of bringing home 2 more children
  • For our family and friends to be supportive and understanding of our family dynamics
We are in awe.  We are overjoyed. 
We ARE A FAMILY OF EIGHT!!!!!!!
.....I can now say I have 6 children ages 1,3,5,7(almost),9 and 11.
 

Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.
Psalm 47:1

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful news!! I continue to be awed by your family's amazing faith and spirit!! Congratulations, I can't wait to hear more about your newest family members! Prayers for a speedy and uncomplicated process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So exciting! Praying God's blessing over your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and what a blessing! You are such an inspiration and example of Christ's love. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete