I've been meaning to write a follow up post for quite some time! In my last post, I admitted to my fear in bringing D and N home and stated that I don't believe in the old saying, "God will not give you more than you can handle."
God's sovereignty amazes me each and every day. One thing that amazes me is every Bible study I have done has come at just the right time in my life. This summer I'm doing Priscilla Shirer's study "Gideon: Your weakness. God's Strength." The title itself is a dead give away that it's a very supportive piece to this journey. And no, I didn't go sign up for this study last week...in fact I planned to do this study before we received our referral. But God knew. He knew this study was exactly what I needed as a daily reminder that my weaknesses are in deed His strengths!
After writing my last post at about 10pm one night, I went into bed with my book and Bible in hand. Minutes after pushing "post" I was once again given the reassurance I needed...
Say what!?!?!? Didn't I just write a post almost stating this same thing only MUCH less eloquently??? Not that I needed it, but reassurance that God DOES in deed give us more than we can handle. God has most definitely shown me that through my weaknesses I feel His strength and presence more than ever!
The road of adoption is not easy...and the "post-adoption" is most definitely not easy--especially when most people look from the outside thinking it's simply a beautiful, wonderful thing. And it is. But it comes with a lot of work, love, tears, trials, and patience. I must continue to remember that my resources and support are unending through God. He will get us through whatever lies ahead, just as He brought us to this!
He saved me.
He changed me.
He positioned me to be used.
He (is) strengthened(ing) me.
I may be weak. But through Him, I am strong!!!!!!!
I'm in a state of fullness today! Full of hope. Full of joy. Full of strength that I feel through the Holy Spirit within me.
God's sovereignty amazes me each and every day. One thing that amazes me is every Bible study I have done has come at just the right time in my life. This summer I'm doing Priscilla Shirer's study "Gideon: Your weakness. God's Strength." The title itself is a dead give away that it's a very supportive piece to this journey. And no, I didn't go sign up for this study last week...in fact I planned to do this study before we received our referral. But God knew. He knew this study was exactly what I needed as a daily reminder that my weaknesses are in deed His strengths!
After writing my last post at about 10pm one night, I went into bed with my book and Bible in hand. Minutes after pushing "post" I was once again given the reassurance I needed...
Our weaknesses are the conduits through which we experience God's strength. Weakness is a key, and like most keys, it's designed to open something. God designed your key specifically to fit the lock He has in mind for you. He uses your weaknesses, the areas and places where you feel the least strong, to open a divine door. Without this key, we would rarely experience God's strength!
Priscilla Shirer
Say what!?!?!? Didn't I just write a post almost stating this same thing only MUCH less eloquently??? Not that I needed it, but reassurance that God DOES in deed give us more than we can handle. God has most definitely shown me that through my weaknesses I feel His strength and presence more than ever!
The road of adoption is not easy...and the "post-adoption" is most definitely not easy--especially when most people look from the outside thinking it's simply a beautiful, wonderful thing. And it is. But it comes with a lot of work, love, tears, trials, and patience. I must continue to remember that my resources and support are unending through God. He will get us through whatever lies ahead, just as He brought us to this!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. Eph 3:20
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service. 1 Tim 1:12
He saved me.
He changed me.
He positioned me to be used.
He (is) strengthened(ing) me.
I may be weak. But through Him, I am strong!!!!!!!
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12:9If you need encouragement today to get through a fear or trial...be rest assured that God has your back. Through Him ALL THINGS are possible!
I'm in a state of fullness today! Full of hope. Full of joy. Full of strength that I feel through the Holy Spirit within me.
No comments:
Post a Comment