Here's a small glimpse into the day full of laughter and YUMMY food!
Six of the eight girls were here to celebrate!!! (Missed you Aud, Corliss and the lonely boy, Jerry!)
After the party our family went over to mom and dad's house with Cain, Ally, and Jesse...we sat around giggling at the kiddos wrestling and running around. It was a night just like any other night hanging out with the familly...a night full of comfort and love.
When I returned home and hopped into bed I was overwhelmed with emotions. Our children are loved, spoiled, cuddled, safe, carefree children just like most of the children I know. While we sit and celebrate birthdays and time with family there are MILLIONS of children around the world who have never celebrated a birthday or know what family feels like. There are children who wait day after day for someone to take them in and for a place to call home.
My heart just aches and aches for those children. To know we won't have our baby girl in our arms for 1-2 years feels not fair!! Are we crazy to think this single act of love will make a difference in the world?!?! God's love for the afflicated is shown over and over again...how can He use us to make a difference? While I ponder these issues and wonder what more we can do, I can't help but try to be an advocate for those children who fall asleep every night without a mommy or daddy.
I put together a video to show others a small glimpse of what the Bible tells us about caring for orphans and how EVERYONE can make a difference some how (push pause on the playlist before before starting to video):
Bobby and I have no special training for this task before us...all we have is the direction our Father gives us...and someday we will have one more child to roll around with, rock to sleep, and love beyond measure.
Love from our family to yours!
Love from our family to yours!
Courtney, I am so excited about your exciting plans and this super cute blog. Please keep the updates coming. We love you, Shi
ReplyDelete