Our baby girl is now 8 months old. 8 months.
I remember being very overwhelmed as a first-time mom at different stages. Me, the mom that has always wanted numerous kiddos, often found myself questioning how I could ever have more. The endless breastfeeding, the sleep schedule (or lack of) and the change to sitting at home and conversing in "baby talk" all day was enough to make this "made to be a mom" crazy at times!
BUT, I vividly remember that once Eli was 6 months, life seemed to get easier. Being a mom was wonderful and I even started to have BABY FEVER!
Then 6 months turned into 7 and 7 into 8.
With all three--Eli, Ayla, and Owen--I remember feeling like 8 months was the BEST age. I remember thinking there was no way it could get any better (and then every month after I would think the same thing).
So now I'm reminiscing about their babyhood and wondering what was it at 8 months that made me think it was the best??? I'm assuming it had a lot to do with their new adventures of roaming from place to place. Or the silly and cute faces they were making. Maybe it was the personality that was starting to shine. I'm guessing it definitely had to do with the fact that around 8 months they wanted their mommy---yes, even though stranger anxiety can be a nuisance, you can't say it doesn't warm a mother's heart to know she is the center of her child's life.
6 months turned into 7 and 7 into 8.
Now, I'm feeling the same twist of time, yet a whole different taste.
When Miss Addy was 5 months old I prayed we'd have her home by 6 months (but thought FOR SURE we'd have her home by 7). Then she turned 6 months and I was praying we'd have her maybe not home, but in our arms by the time she turned 7 months.
And then, 6 months turned into 7 and now 7 turned into 8.
It tears me apart to remember how much I adored this age with E, A, O...and how I'm missing it with Addy.
Is she crawling? Is she starting to show her own unique personality? Is she attached to someone, and maybe starting to think they are her mom/dad? Does she have teeth? Does she eat solid foods? What is her sleep pattern like? Does she like to be cuddled? Does she play with any toys? Have any favorite friends? Giggle? Babble? Cry a lot?
I feel like I'm constantly trying to see her in my head, yet I can't fully visualize her--because she's my daughter and I don't even fully know her.
To believe you will be leaving any day to get your child and then to have that all slip away is a very emotional, hard situation. We are so thankful to have an agency that is working their tails off on our behalf. We are thankful for our friends and family who are praying for us and keep encouraging us through scripture and support. And we are extremely thankful for our God who will not forsake us...Who loves us, and loves sweet Addy.
We are still unclear as to what our timeline may be--because no one really knows. We could be on a plane in a week, it could be 2, or 8 months could turn into 9.
I remember being very overwhelmed as a first-time mom at different stages. Me, the mom that has always wanted numerous kiddos, often found myself questioning how I could ever have more. The endless breastfeeding, the sleep schedule (or lack of) and the change to sitting at home and conversing in "baby talk" all day was enough to make this "made to be a mom" crazy at times!
BUT, I vividly remember that once Eli was 6 months, life seemed to get easier. Being a mom was wonderful and I even started to have BABY FEVER!
Then 6 months turned into 7 and 7 into 8.
With all three--Eli, Ayla, and Owen--I remember feeling like 8 months was the BEST age. I remember thinking there was no way it could get any better (and then every month after I would think the same thing).
So now I'm reminiscing about their babyhood and wondering what was it at 8 months that made me think it was the best??? I'm assuming it had a lot to do with their new adventures of roaming from place to place. Or the silly and cute faces they were making. Maybe it was the personality that was starting to shine. I'm guessing it definitely had to do with the fact that around 8 months they wanted their mommy---yes, even though stranger anxiety can be a nuisance, you can't say it doesn't warm a mother's heart to know she is the center of her child's life.
6 months turned into 7 and 7 into 8.
Now, I'm feeling the same twist of time, yet a whole different taste.
When Miss Addy was 5 months old I prayed we'd have her home by 6 months (but thought FOR SURE we'd have her home by 7). Then she turned 6 months and I was praying we'd have her maybe not home, but in our arms by the time she turned 7 months.
And then, 6 months turned into 7 and now 7 turned into 8.
It tears me apart to remember how much I adored this age with E, A, O...and how I'm missing it with Addy.
Is she crawling? Is she starting to show her own unique personality? Is she attached to someone, and maybe starting to think they are her mom/dad? Does she have teeth? Does she eat solid foods? What is her sleep pattern like? Does she like to be cuddled? Does she play with any toys? Have any favorite friends? Giggle? Babble? Cry a lot?
I feel like I'm constantly trying to see her in my head, yet I can't fully visualize her--because she's my daughter and I don't even fully know her.
To believe you will be leaving any day to get your child and then to have that all slip away is a very emotional, hard situation. We are so thankful to have an agency that is working their tails off on our behalf. We are thankful for our friends and family who are praying for us and keep encouraging us through scripture and support. And we are extremely thankful for our God who will not forsake us...Who loves us, and loves sweet Addy.
We are still unclear as to what our timeline may be--because no one really knows. We could be on a plane in a week, it could be 2, or 8 months could turn into 9.
Addy--8 months

Little Miss Addy is so precious. Love this picture of her. I'm praying the wait will end soon.
ReplyDeleteHere's what I'm leaning on while we wait.....
ReplyDeleteI love you
Mom
James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.