Thursday, September 6, 2012

Birth Parent Interview

We received a message today that Addy's birth parent interview will *hopefully* happen next Tuesday or Wednesday.  The embassy in Kinshasa will be trying out a Skye interview on Monday and if it works out, they will try it again for our case on Tues/Wed. 

Please join us in praying that the Internet is working in both places at the time of Addy's BPI--and for the family on Monday! 

After the BPI, her visa will more than likely be issued within a week....and then we'll be cleared to GO BRING HER HOME!!!!

Thank you Lord!  Thank you for some sort of direction today--the direction I've been needing this week.  Even though this journey has often been tough, I have always felt His arms wrapped completely around us. 

I could write a whole blog post about my great friend, Brenda, who has helped me keep my faith in Him though this journey.  The connections the two of us share are so great--and yet we've never met in person!  I've picked up the phone to chat with her more than once through this process, and every time I get off feeling relieved.  Relieved in knowing I'm not alone in this journey.  Relieved in knowing God has had this perfect plan for us, Addy, and this journey since before we even knew the word adoption! 

By the way, Brenda's family is the family whose BPI is Monday, the day (or so before ours)...which means there is a very high chance that we'll be travel buddies.

Time is now ticking!  In just two short weeks I should either have Addy in my arms, or be travelling to get her! 

3 kids at home will become 4...

A family of 5 will officially be a family of 6... 

Our king size bed will continue to grow smaller...

(Ayla started preschool yesterday, so I must share her picture---she is quickly going to realize she is not the only princess in this house--the whole posing thing is a new thing)
 

1 comment: