This momma needs your prayers today!
Adoption.Is.Hard.
Adoption.Drives.You.Crazy.
Adoption.Is.Often.Lonely.
We are down to the last stretch of our wait to bring Addy home. There are days that fly by with thought of her, but with believing that He has it all under control.
Then, there are days like today.
As you may recall, we had our embassy appointment on August 24. We were told then to expect 2-3 weeks for Addy's visa to be issued and then we would be clear to travel. BUT during those (these) 2-3 weeks, the embassy requires a birth parent interview (BPI). We are assuming the BPI has not happened yet, as we have not been told otherwise....and we have no clue if it has been scheduled. The trend seems to be that visas are issued about a week after the BPI--but "typical" in the adoption world doesn't mean much!
For once in this process I just want to KNOW something, and not be guessing or unclear. That is not the fault of ANYONE--that's the journey we signed up for. Don't get me wrong! I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" or a "Negative Nancy." I'm just keeping it real! My heart is literally ACHING and we are soooo ready to bring our daughter home.
Others keep comparing this process to pregnancy…and this part of the process like “you're about ready to give birth." (I've heard that analogy enough times through this process to bang my head over a board). I'm telling you, I've birthed 3 kiddos....this is NOT THE SAME. My baby is not curled up all cozy in MY womb! Yes, it may have somewhat of the same anticipation...but it's so incredibly different. My baby girl has been born for 7 months. She has been cared for many people (none of which have been ME). I am her mom and yet I know VERY little about her (other than she's a healthy, big baby who sweats a lot--oh, and she's irresistably adorable). I hardly know her…and she most definitely does not know me!
"For I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness."
I am sooooo thankful that God is my rock! I have no clue how someone could go through this process without knowing His steadfast love. He's got this. I know He does...I just have to let my heart understand that for the next 2 weeks or so!!
We spent Labor Day weekend doing the electrical work on our new house. It was so great to see our family come together to help us out in a way that I could never explain!
Bobby's parents got to town Saturday evening...
My dad (who is an electrician) taught my mom, Bobby, and I the ropes to wiring on Sunday and we spent all day Sunday, Monday, and today wiring...
If Brenda hadn't been here to watch the kiddos, we wouldn't have got half as much done…
If my SIL Ally hadn't made us supper (and delivered it), we would have lost more hours…
It was just wonderful to have all their help.
(Bobby's dad-who does HVAC--was busy hooking up the heating and air AND my older brother Jesse helped us on Sunday).
I wish I would have gotten off the ladder a few times to capture some of the hard work!
I still cannot believe our dream for this house is going to be a reality. We continually joke around that we have room for a dozen kids...and Bobby and I agreed that if we built the house, it would be used the care for His people. We ARE NOT planning on being the next Duggar family...but we are also not going to say "no" to the plans He may have in store for our family.
This week: last details on electrical, insulating, roofing, and fascia/soffits (MAYBE I can add BPI to that list?!?!??!).
Thanks for reading my ramblings….
I'm off to dream about this sweet face...


Hang in there Sister! We are almost there!!! Keep your eyes on Him, He will bring her home in His timing! Praying for patience and peace as we all wait together. And that when we're done with this segment, He could say "well done, good and faithful servant"! And on a side note, you are SO right, not at ALL like pregnancy!!! I wish!!
ReplyDelete